[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 VirtualBox

Toralf Lund toralf.lund at pgs.com
Fri Dec 6 12:58:35 UTC 2013

On 06/12/13 12:26, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 01:08:05AM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:
>
>> On 12/6/2013 12:22 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
>>> KVM? I must admit I haven't even heard of it, except if you are talking
>>> about switchboxes;-)
>>>
>>> Can it be configured to run an actual Windows partition? (This is how I
>>> use VirtualBox today.)
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM
> Note that the article there is very out of date, but there is a link at the
> top to a more current article.
>
>> yes, you can run a windows VM rather nicely.
> It can run a Windows VM,
The question wasn't whether it can run Windows, but whether it can be
set up to use a Windows *partition*. As in a system originally set up to
run natively, and not through a virtual machine.

>   but, at least in my experience, a Windows, or
> actually, even a Linux with GUI, doesn't run as well as it does with
> VirtualBox.

OK.

I sort of got the impression from other posters that it would actually
work better than VirtualBox...
>    In addition, bridged networking takes a bit of work to set
> up--not very difficult once you're familiar with it, but it's done with a
> mouse click as it is in VirtualBox.
>
> On the plus side, it seems (not thoroughly tested on my part) to be less
> resource intensive than VBox, and better at sharing resources.

I see...

- Toralf

This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.