[CentOS] Dragging app between workspaces not working

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 18:06:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 8:00 AM, Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 6:51 AM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> From: Wes James <comptekki at gmail.com>
>>
>> > Yes, I know...  I had gotten used to dragging the apps in the many
>> panes,
>> > but the corner trick will have to do.
>>
>> I often use ctrl+alt+shit+arrows to "move the workspaces under the
>> window".
>> But I do not use compiz, so I do not know if it works with it...
>>
>> JD
>>

> It looks like ctr-alt-shift moves the current left (main) screen (in dual
> head) right or left  in the workspace order and panel with compiz.

Expo seems to provide the "drag app to other workspace" feature. I had to
turn it on in compiz settings, then <super>-e or top-left corner and apps
can be moved between workspaces.  Sometimes, though, when using ctl-alt
right/left arrow, my browser in workspace 1 ends up in workspace 6.  OK, it
just did it.   Was moving to the right and when I rolled around from 8 to
1, the compiz settings and a browser both moved to workspace 6. Interesting
:)

-wes