[CentOS] died again

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Sat Dec 7 02:20:58 UTC 2013

On 12/6/2013 18:00, John R Pierce wrote:
>> It's common for cheap PC cases to have places for fans that the final PC
>> manufacturer chooses not to populate.
>
> its pretty common on high end cases too. the one I have now has room for
> like 8 120mm fans, of which i'm using 3.

The only reason I phrased it that way is that a lot of high-end machines
use bespoke cases, where every fan position is populated because it was
designed together as a system.

Anything built from a collection of off-the-shelf parts, as DIYers and
some of the smaller high-end PC makers do, can have this same sort of
design mismatch.