[CentOS] how to inject a kmod driver from elrepo into kickstart

Patrick Lists centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 7 02:37:27 UTC 2013

On 12/07/2013 02:39 AM, psavoie1783 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a marvel chipset for my wired laptop connection. It uses the
> kmod-sk98lin-10.93.3.3-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm driver at elrepo.
>
> I would like to use this driver to activate the wired connection to
> kickstart my laptop as I have pxe booting set upon my home network.
>
> Could anyone please enlighten me as to how to get the drivers/firmware
> from this package loaded on my laqptop so I can use kickstart to load
> the OS, please?

Add a local apache/httpd powered repo to your kickstart:

repo --name="sk98 repo"
--baseurl="http://myrepo/CentOS/6/x86_64/kmod-sk98lin-10.93.3.3-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm"

'myrepo' is the pxe/kickstart server hostname and the kmod-sk98lin rpm
driver has been copied to /var/www/html/CentOS/6/x86_64.

Make sure httpd is running
# service httpd start

Run createrepo:
# cd /var/www/html/CentOS/6/x86_64/