[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta Hidden WIFI issue

Bonnie B Mtengwa

bmtengwa at potraz.gov.zw
Fri Dec 13 07:05:06 UTC 2013

Im having problems connecting to Hidden WIFI networks on my RHEL 7 beta.
I have an HP Elitebook 2560p.
But if I make the Wireless Access Point visible, im able to connect to it,
and NM is able to save the connection script under
"/sysconfig/network-scripts".
I tried on 3 different Hidden Networks,

The solution was to manually create the connection script  in
"/sysconfig/network-scripts".after copying one from a network I had
connected to. That's when the hidden wireless became visible and im now
connected.
But is this the way one needs to connect to a hidden Wireless?
I thought having SSID, security type and password were sufficient.

Regards

Bonnie Mtengwa