[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta Hidden WIFI issue

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Fri Dec 13 11:44:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 09:05:06AM +0200, Bonnie B Mtengwa wrote:
> Im having problems connecting to Hidden WIFI networks on my RHEL 7 beta.
> I have an HP Elitebook 2560p.
> But if I make the Wireless Access Point visible, im able to connect to it,
> and NM is able to save the connection script under
> "/sysconfig/network-scripts".
> I tried on 3 different Hidden Networks,

What if you take NetworkManager out of the picture and use wpa_supplicant
with systemd.

I have a page on testing whether it's NetworkManager or something else at

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/wireless.html

Although others have mentioned that NM is much better than it was in RHEL6,
judging from Fedora forums at least, it can still cause problems.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6