[CentOS] died again

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 01:09:07 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM, Michael Hennebry <
hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:

> I've tried to open the power supply to look for capacitor guts and such.

If there was a problem with the PSU, you would experience it in your F14
install you spoke of.

> I've unscrewed it from the case and removed the
> screws that seemed sufficient for separation.
> The stumbling block seems to be under the "QC PASS"
> sticker near the rainbow of wires coming out.
> I've gotten the edge of a box cutter in the
> gap that had been covered by the sticker,
> so I know that the sticker itself is not the problem.
>
> See web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/~hennebry/computer/ps[123].jpg .
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?

Rather than rip the PSU open (and hope you don't get zapped good by a
charged capacitor...) just hook a power supply tester to it.  Or look
online for instructions on testing it with a multimeter (more tedious than
the PSU tester).

> --
> Michael   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
> "Friday the Thirteenth was always unlucky."  --  Mr. Peabody

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //