[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta is now public

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Dec 15 22:23:42 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-15, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/2013 1:21 AM, Peter wrote:
>> the needs of RedHat customers are different to
>> those of CentOS users
>
> CentOS *IS* RHEL rebuilt without branding and offered without support
> contracts.  So saying the needs of the user differ is specious.

I disagree.  The people RH may be targetting for purchasing RHEL7 may
very well be different from the people hoping to use CentOS 7.  If not
enough paying RHEL customers complain about this issue, they're not
likely to change their policy; upset CentOS users probably won't bother
upstream enough.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us