[CentOS] LVM recovery after pvcreate

przemolicc at poczta.fm przemolicc at poczta.fm
Mon Dec 16 16:12:16 UTC 2013

To give additional data - currently I have the following:

# pvs
File descriptor 7 (pipe:[76957]) leaked on pvs invocation. Parent PID 15357: bash
 PV            VG     Fmt  Attr PSize  PFree
 /dev/sddlmab2 vg01   lvm2 a--  14.47g 480.00m
 /dev/sddlmac  vgapps lvm2 a--  50.00g  50.00g

But vgapps has been created "manually" after reinstallation (pvcreate + vgcreate)
Is that correct approach if I pvremove it and then pvcreate previous volume using /etc/lvm/backup files ?

Regards
P.