[CentOS] thunderbird-24.2.0-2.el5 is borked

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Dec 17 15:38:13 UTC 2013

Lars Hecking wrote:

>  Thanks for the update, Johnny.
<snip>
>> 2. External http, https, and ftp Links may not work from thunderbird:
> [...]
>
>  This works, although I didn't try if it works without.

Yeah. That's been broken for a couple of years. Ever t-bird update I do
(I'm still on 5.x at home, pending my rebuild of my hardware...), I did
manage to get it to open http, but not https - I'll have to try Johnny's
fix on that, but I have to edit openbrowser.sh, because it seems to be if
you're not running gnome, it doesn't work at all. I have to add for it to
just run the browser after it checks for no URL specified to tell it to
exec firefox "$URL"; exit;

       mark, annoyed, and not running gnome