[CentOS] thunderbird-24.2.0-2.el5 is borked

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Dec 17 15:57:23 UTC 2013

On 12/17/2013 09:15 AM, Lars Hecking wrote:
>  Thanks for the update, Johnny.
>
>> 1.  The mozilla compiled lightning uses a newer glibc than is available
>> in EL5 ... therefore it will not work with the EL5 Thunderbird.  There
>> is a thunderbird-lightning package in EPEL testing for EL5
>> (thunderbird-lightning-2.6.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm) that should address this
>> issue.  The upstream mozilla compiled plugin works for EL6.  Here is the
>> EL5 x86_64 link to download:
>
>  This is still broken for my use case (Lightning plus "Exchange 2007/2010
>  Calendar and Tasks Provider 3.1.3). Launching tb from a terminal, when you
>  configure the calendar and either enter the settings manually, or select
>  Exchange autodiscovery, then click on "Check server and mailbox" or "Perform
>  autodiscovery", resp., the following errors are shown, resp.:
>
> 1st-setup: Error: Warning: Error during creation of erPrimarySMTPCheckRequest. Err=ReferenceError: erPrimarySMTPCheckRequest is not defined
>
>  or
>
> 1st-setup: Error: Warning: Could not create erAutoDiscoverRequest. Err=ReferenceError: erAutoDiscoverRequest is not defined

That is another 3rd party plugin ...

I downloaded "exchangecalendar-3.1.3.xpi" and extracted it and I do not
see anything inside there that is glibc specific (no binaries that are
dynamically linked) so, I see no reason it would not work with the EPEL
lightning from testing.  That said, I can not test it as I don't have
that environment.