[CentOS] How can I disable PostFix maillog ( /var/log/maillog )

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Dec 18 11:51:43 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 06:03 AM JEWEL AHMMED wrote:

> On 18/12/2013 4:57 PM, ken wrote:

>>> How can you be sure your Postfix is running properly and that there are
>>> no issues if you have no log file reporting? Without logging you have no
>>> chance to judge about what is going on. Again, it is not a clever idea
>>> to disable writing a mail log.
>>>
>>> And 30 MB of log file size is definitely nothing to worry about.
>> In addition, you can use logrotate to manage the size of log files saved
>> on your server.
>
> Ya, Finally I understood about it. Now, I want to use  "logrotate" can
> you tell me process?
>
> thank you :)

My experience has been that logrotate is already installed and
configured by default during a server install.  And so it may be on your
machine.  But this is not a certainty.

There are quite a few conditions relevant to your particular machine
(e.g., "df -H") and many configuration options.  Since your are
obviously brand new to logrotate, you should do some reading and
investigation on your own.  Start off with "man logrotate" and googling
for "logrotate centos redhat".  There might also be info for you on the
centos wiki.

If/When you have more specific questions, then it would be beneficial to
post them here on this list.

hth,
ken