[CentOS] Centos-compatible motherboards

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 26 04:04:02 UTC 2013

On 12/25/2013 7:51 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> In looking at mommyboards  at New Egg and Amazon, I find so many I am
> unable to make reasonable determinations regarding suitability, so am
> hoping some of you who have new(ish) intel-compatible boards could
> offer some hints.

my build last year was on an ASRock Z77 Extreme3 board I got deeply
discounted at newegg during a black friday kinda sale.
I5-3570k (which runs quite stably at 4.2GHz)
16GB ram.  250GB Samsung SSD disk0.
nvidia gt640 video card (I don't game, but I do like opengl stuff to
perform nicely)
used the same Coolermaster CM690 case and Antec PSU I already had.