[CentOS] CentOS & eclipse

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 26 19:15:50 UTC 2013

On 12/26/2013 10:50 AM, Steve wrote:
> My understanding was that CentOS was generally about a year out-of-date.

When a major RHEL version is released, the major.minor versions of most
all components are frozen for the life cycle of that major release, this
ensures package compatability, so if something is released for EL6 it
can expect to run with any EL6.x update.

major EL versions have a 5-7 year support life cycle, we're nearing the
back side of that for EL6, which came out in 2010.   RHEL7 is still in
beta (and running a  year or so later than I would have expected
according to their historical release cycle).