[CentOS] Centos-compatible motherboards

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Dec 26 23:11:10 UTC 2013

On 12/26/2013 2:54 PM, Fred Smith wrote:
> the PS I'll be using in this system is an existing PC POwer & Cooling
> 500W unit, which should be up to the task. (It has been running the
> existing system for something like 3-4 years, with a Phenom-II X2 and
> two HD and two optical drives, 24X7.)

what spec is it?   modern systems want ATX12V v2.x, which puts almost
all the power on the +12V rail.   older PSU specs had more juice on the
5V side, which is almost unused nowdays.    An ATX12V V1.x supply /can/
be used on a newer system, if you treat it as a smaller PSU (drawing
say, no more than 350 watts from a 500W ATX12V v1.x)