[CentOS] skype not starting anymore, prelink issue?

wwp subscript at free.fr
Fri Feb 1 08:22:00 UTC 2013

Hello Yves,

On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:31:42 -0500 Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca> wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 January 2013, wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
>
> > I was running skype 4.1.0.20 on my 64-bit laptop for weeks (installed
> > in /opt, from an official skype binary archive, plus few 32-bit stuff
> > to get it working), when suddenly it stopped working, no way to start
> > it:
>
> How did you get Skype 4.1 to work on CentOS 6 x64_64?

This point has already been answered on this mailing list (and
elsewhere). A bit of search in the archives and elsewhere would quickly
bring you this:
  http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype

Because Skype is 32-bit, the idea is to install it from the official
binary archive, and use yum to install few 32-bit libraries (yes, this
means that some libraries will be in 32-bit and 64-bit on your system,
not a problem). Sound and video work like a charm, skype+msn support.

Regards,

--
wwp