[CentOS] Dell unofficial community repository - what do you think?

Phil Gardner phil.gardnerjr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:17:18 UTC 2013

This is correct, the latest firmware updates take a little bit to get
packaged and tested before they get pushed to the repo.

I also haven't figured out how to only update firmware for specific
devices. With the inventory_firmware and update_firmware commands, it
looks for updates and applies all updates at once.

As for creating a local mirror, a simple rsync grabs it (I exclude
everything I don't need)

rsync --progress  --delete -avHz  --exclude=rh30 --exclude=rh30_64
--exclude=rh40 --exclude=rh40_64 --exclude='SLES_*' --exclude='SLE_*'
--exclude='suse*' --exclude='sles*'
linux.dell.com::repo/hardware/OMSA_7.1/
/yumrepo/repos/dell/hardware/OMSA_7.1/

I also don't use the community repo...I haven't found anything I need in
there.

I'll attach the yum repo file I use for my local repo. A 'yum install
srvadmin-all dell_ft_install' will grab what you need for firmware tools
and OpenManage, and then a 'yum install $(bootstrap_firmware)' will grab
all your hardware specific firmware.