[CentOS] Multiple Virtual SSL sites with Apache httpd on CentOS 5

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 08:33:58 UTC 2013

http://www.rackspace.com/knowledge_center/article/serving-secure-sites-with-sni-on-apache

> this works on Centos 6 without messing up openssl libraries :)

Take a look at this freeIPA how to I wrote a while back...

http://freeipa.org/page/Apache_SNI_With_Kerberos

Windows XP does not support SNI on its internal libraries (so no IE on
that) and I'm not 100% sure when MacOSX enabled it.

It worked for subversion but not with older svnkit bindings so do some
testing and ensure that all the clients you expect will support SNI ...

For me it was an interesting experiment (wiki, svn, etc on same IP) but
they drawbacks out weighed the benefits when I opened it up to the
developers to use so switched back to sperate IPs.