[CentOS] recent ruby packages?

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:37:39 UTC 2013

On 02/04/2013 03:21 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> Does anyone know of a repository that's *trustworthy* (gotta worry 'bout
> malware) with newer ruby rpm's than RHEL has?
>
> OT: the more I deal with ruby, the less I like it. Someone here was ready
> to move to a newer version, and from the ruby.org website, they're
> apparently actively hostile to all RH-related distros, even though we're
> the most common in North America. They've got a how to do it from debian
> and arch, how to use their own installer, and, oh, yes, they say a lot of
> their community feels you should build from source.
>
> Sorry, that's not my idea of a stable language that I'd ever recommend to
> someone....

I've used the Ruby Version Manager <https://rvm.io/> for all things Ruby
for a few years now & can highly recommend it.

Stable, under constant development, very active community & Michal
Papis, who monitors & co-authors the project, is very quick to reply to
any problems/questions.

Several different ways to install & run Ruby are on offer & it's works
very well on CentOS.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,