[CentOS] recent ruby packages?

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:38:09 UTC 2013

On 02/05/2013 04:26 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 02/04/2013 03:37 PM, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I've used the Ruby Version Manager <https://rvm.io/> for all things Ruby
>> for a few years now & can highly recommend it.
>
> Rvm is good for developer instances, but dont ever put rvm into a
> production or testing node. Many reasons for that, the biggest and
> killer 'feature' of rvm that makes it totally unsuiteable for production
> is that it builds on the fly, therefore links into and delivers a ruby
> stack that has random and totally unpredictable abi's and functions.

Karanbir,

Would you mind if I passed on this information to Michal Papis who's one
of the lead developers of RVM? He's always on the lookout for feedback &
I know he has no access to a CentOS machine to test against (I sometimes
help him out in this respect).

He'd be very grateful, I'm sure.

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,