[CentOS] apcupsd, odd behavior

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Fri Feb 8 17:09:34 UTC 2013

service apcupsd status

(or cat /var/log/apcupsd.events)

Craig

On Feb 8, 2013, at 9:54 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

>>> Nah, I think it's something with apcupsd.
>>
>> Doesn't it log the message as received from the UPS?  It if has a
>> network interface you should be get messages via syslog, email, snmp,
>> etc., and there is probably a web interface with status showing
>> expected battery capacity at the current load.
>
> The entire contents of that incident. I see nothing in messages.
>
> 2013-02-07 17:38:19 -0500  Power failure.
> 2013-02-07 17:38:21 -0500  Battery power exhausted.
> 2013-02-07 17:38:21 -0500  Initiating system shutdown!
> 2013-02-07 17:38:21 -0500  User logins prohibited
> 2013-02-07 17:38:23 -0500  Power is back. UPS running on mains.
> 2013-02-07 17:38:23 -0500  Allowing logins
>
> Two seconds?
>
>      mark

Craig White ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ craig.white at ttiltd.com
1.800.869.6908 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ www.ttiassessments.com

Improving Productivity and Communication in the Workplace Webinar
https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/353378831

February 21, 2013, 11am EST

Enhanced productivity begins with effective communication -- providing clear information,
communicating honestly, listening, asking questions, letting others talk, and bringing a positive approach when engaging in difficult conversations.