[CentOS] 'Best' Platform

andreas

andreas at cymail.eu
Sun Feb 10 21:04:20 UTC 2013

Στις 25-01-2013 20:22, SilverTip257 έγραψε:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <
> dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
>
>> On 01/25/2013 05:09 PM, Gene Poole wrote:
>> > OK,  What's the best CentOS platform for KVM?  CentOS 5 or CentOS
>> 6?
>>
>> At this time you should only install CentOS 5 when you absolutely
>> have to
>> for compatibility reasons. For new Installations you should always
>> use
>> CentOS 6.
>>

> As Dennis said, use CentOS 6 unless you must absolutely use 5.
> Newer packages and it will have a longer support life cycle from
> today
> until it is EOLed.
>
> Since CentOS follows Upstream's cycle closely here are dates.
> https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata/
>

>> Regards,
>>   Dennis

While I agree that CentOS6 is the new and better OS I should say that
it has several serious problems (bugs) that have been bugging us for
several
months to the point the we began considering going backwards to 5 which
was solid
as rock from day 1. Apparently these bugs (related to the kernel and
possibly nfs4)
have been fixed in RH EL6 but only to those that maintain a service
contract.

regards
Andreas