[CentOS] How to limit upload bandwidth for a KVM guest?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sun Feb 10 22:20:37 UTC 2013

On 02/03/2013 06:06 PM, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
> I would like to limit the bandwidth available to a guest.  I tried using
> the tc command, but it is only limiting the download speed to the
> guest.

TC is fairly complex, and only really effectively limits speed sent.  If
you want to limit the upload speed of a guest, you'd put the rules on
the interface that hosts the default route for traffic from the guest.

Shorewall does a reasonably good job of dealing with most of the
complexity of tc under Linux.