[CentOS] firefox problem

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Feb 11 15:43:23 UTC 2013

On 02/11/2013 07:09 AM, Bassem Sossan wrote:
> Hi
> I've installed CentOs 6 successfully, but, Firefox does't lunch.
> I've downloaded Chrome and when I try to execute "google-chrome &" command,
> I had command not found.

Chrome is not part of CentOS at all (it is available and works if
installed from the google repo) ... and firefox may not have been
installed, depending on the install that you did.

For Firefox .... try this as root:

yum install firefox

For Chrome ... add this text as chrome.repo to your /etc/yum.repos.d/
directory:

[google-chrome]
name=google-chrome
baseurl=http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
priority=1

(substitute i386 for x86_64 if required)

then install chrome with:

yum install google-chrome-stable