[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor, cont'd

Joshua Zukerman hawk82 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 18:41:40 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:28 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Here's the state of my search: BatteriesPlus is... odd. The corporate
> site, and after a phone call, tell me they don't do GSA, but some of their
> franchises do. I called the local one, and they do.
>
> However, the only RBC 43 they offer, I might as well buy direct from APC,
> at well over $300 for the set.
>
> Battery Sharks, and Apex, don't do GSA... but they *do* offer replacements
> for about $100 for the set.
>
> Having checked with my manager, we'll try the open market quotes. I would
> like a third recommendation, so I can offer purchasing three quotes.
>
> Recommendations?
>
> And thanks to all.
>
>           mark

Not sure if my last message made it to you and the list:

http://www.refurbups.com/Catalog/Government-Military

That's who I use for personal purchases and reselling to my clients. I
have no experience with GSA purchases through them however (just
online orders).
I've always gotten the correct product. I think I've ordered probably
a dozen or so times in the past few years. Quick shipment. Batteries
are boxed up very well (cardboard cradles to hold batteries).