[CentOS] A question

John Hinton webmaster at ew3d.com
Wed Feb 13 01:01:06 UTC 2013

On 2/12/2013 7:51 PM, Bassem Sossan wrote:
> I'm beginner with Linux...
> I have found a good resource, it's a book called "Beginning Red Hat Linux
> 9"...
> the centos's version that I've installed "centos 6"...
> Is this book may be compatible with Centos 6 ?

Ahhh.... easy confusion. Red Hat Linux was a bit less Enterprise
oriented. If I recall, Red Hat 9 was out about the same time the Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 2.x was out. That became known as RHEL for short.
CentOS is a clone of RHEL. So, CentOS 6 is the latest from Redhat other
than the Fedora project.

In summary, most of that book will have good information, in particular
the basics, but it is very old at this point. I suppose around 10 years
old now. That book will not cover a number of things that have been
added into CentOS 6.

--
John Hinton
877-777-1407 ext 502