[CentOS] Intel video

Birta Levente

blevi.linux at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 07:39:39 UTC 2013

Hi all

Please someone tell me how can I enable intel video driver on centos 6.3
x86_64?

It's an acer laptop (5736z) with Mobile intel 4 Series graphics.

I tried with Xorg -configure, but give me an error something like number
of created screens not match number of detected screens.

Anyway, I tried to copy xorg.conf.new to /etc/X11/xorg.conf and reboot,
removed nomodeset ... on laptop display I can't see anything, even the
backlight is turned off, but on the VGA output appear the desktop
background without menu, taskbar and icons and I can switch between tty-s.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks
Levi