[CentOS] A question

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:45:43 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 10:09 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

>> But real books don't have that 'search' box up at the top...
>
> Les, that's what the index is for.

Never works.  Where do you file the bug report?

>> It is really unfortunate that neither paper books nor pdf's have
>> developed the technology to easily show you 'just' those changes so
>> you end up starting from scratch every time a developer decides to
>> make some small change.  I've always wished for something where you
>> could input the version you know and get a description of the changes
>> between that and some current version.
>
> The good ones *do* tell you that, in examples, in appendices, on the CD
> they give you....

Maybe, if you only need to bump one version at a time.  I tend to
remember things from 10 versions back better than last week's.  And I
get grumpy when I still have instances of those that have been running
perfectly well for years, mostly with no attention, yet someone thinks
they have to change it in incompatible ways.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com