[CentOS] pcl to pdf

Gregory P. Ennis

PoMec at PoMec.Net
Thu Feb 14 00:51:35 UTC 2013

Everyone,

I am currently using a vsifax program (pcltotiff) to convert pcl files
to tiff files on a SCO Unix box, and then I am using tiff2pdf on a
Centos 5.9 box to convert the file to a pdf.

There are other commands that deal with multiple page tiff's and pdf's
that are part of the process, but the above basic process has worked
very well.  The only thing I would like to enhance is a better
resolution of the tif file and therefore the pdf file; the problem being
the resolution capability of pcltotiff that comes with vsifax.  I am
limited on the SCO box as to what I can install; it is too old to admit
to, and is scheduled to be upgraded to a new Centos system.

Obviously, I can get the pcl file to the Centos system easily, do any of
you have suggestions of being able to convert a pcl file to pdf on the
Centos system.

Greg Ennis