[CentOS] bind-chroot rpm only builds chroot tree?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 15 01:58:02 UTC 2013

> I just downloaded the bind-chroot rpm and looked into it with Archive
> manager (so I am lazy), and no files, just the chroot tree. I am
> assuming there is some script that Archive manager does not show, or I
> am just missing it, because the ROOTDIR= did get added to
> /etc/sysconfig/named (and the one in the bind rpm is without this line).
>
> Just interesting that if you chroot, you are expected to know that
> everything needs to be placed there.  And they leave the /etc/named.conf
> there untouched.  Seems they should remove this or make it a symlink?

I just went back to the Centos 5.5 bind-chroot rpm (which I have on my
local repo server) and it is the same.  Wow, that means I have been
caring this stuff around further back than that?  But one thing is in
5.5 it created /var/named/chroot/var/named/ data and slave which 6.3 are
not.  And I am having permission problems with these two subdirectories
and I am NOT seeing the problem.  Hope it is not a selinux issue.