[CentOS] Selinux blocking bind access to named/data and slave directories

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 15 02:23:36 UTC 2013

I was getting permission errors (seen in /var/log/messages) in accessing
these two directories within my chroot tree.  I was pulling out what
little hair I have, as the permissions were identical to those on my
Centos 5.5 server.  So I switched selinux into permissive mode and now I
have /var/named/chroot/var/named/data/named.run and my ..../named/slave/
stubs.

What is the selinux magic to allow bind to write here?