[CentOS] Setting up bind - location for includes

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Feb 15 16:44:03 UTC 2013

I am setting up bind this time around (just rebuilt my test machine via
Kickstart) without chroot.

I have a fair number of includes for named.conf; I have two views and
other odds and ends.  My thoughts are to make a directory; /etc/named.d
to put all these includes into instead of 'dirtying' up /etc.  This way
the only files I replace/add to /etc are named.conf and rndc.key (I
would like to work the latter around to also be in named.d, but this
impacts rndc itself).

Thoughts on this?  Anyone else have a well segmented named.conf file?