[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor, cont'd

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Feb 15 21:57:32 UTC 2013

On 2/15/2013 4:53 AM, mark wrote:
> I take it you didn't read previous posts by me in this thread, including
> my rant about how every OEM LIES, and that they've never tested their
> "regular" in a rackmount?

OEM would be the battery manufacturer (Panasonic, Yuasa, Universal, etc)
or the equipment manufacturer (APC, Eaton, etc).   resellers are not OEMs.

where is this 'lie' ?   are you saying APC doesn't test their rackmount
UPS's in a rack?  I've never seen Panasonic say anything about racks or
not, their spec sheets talk about temperature, age, voltage, charging etc.

lead prices have shot through the moon, as have transportation costs
(and lead acid batteries are heavy buggers).   5 years ago I could get
Panasonic 12V 20AH batteries for about $40 each, now they are around
$100 each.