[CentOS] updating a Centos 6 lamp stack

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 22:31:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM, David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, do you have remi and epel activated constantly or just when you
> want to check for updates manually to those installed packages?

I leave EPEL enabled and any other 3rd party repo disabled,  using the
--enablerepo= option to yum only when installing/updating specific
packages.  And I always make sure that the system is up to date from
the base/epel repos before doing that.   And even at that there are
some epel packages that would cause conflicts if I tried to add them.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com