[CentOS] add CA to centos clients

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Feb 17 21:13:51 UTC 2013

On 2/17/2013 11:00 AM, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> I need to deploy an internal CA to our hosts.....

you say a CA, then you talk about PKI, and finally LDAP which is a
Directory Server.   these things are all interrelated, but remain three
separate entities.

For a fullblown LDAP directory server, you might want to look at the 389
project, http://port389.org/wiki/Main_Page ... this is available for
CentOS6 via the EPEL repository.    389 started as a fork of the old
Netscape Directory Server.

389 has been integrated with the "Dogtag" CA system as FreeIPA but I
believe this is more focused towards being a Windows Active Directory
replacement.