[CentOS] Eclipse (again)...

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Tue Feb 19 01:04:18 UTC 2013

On 02/18/2013 09:58 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just thought I might ask my recent question about Eclipse again, only in
> a slightly different way:
>
> Is anyone here using the Eclipse version supplied with the CentOS 6
> distro (as opposed to a build downloaded from www.eclipse.org)? Does it
> work for you? Are you able to install additional components via the
> built-in software setup mechanism?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Toralf
>
> This e-mail, including any attachments and response string, may contain proprietary information which is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely on this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.

I added additional components to edit perl scripts.  It works great for me.

[mlapier at mushroom ~]$ rpm -qa | grep eclipse
jetty-eclipse-6.1.24-2.el6.noarch
eclipse-dtp-1.8.1-1.1.el6.i686
eclipse-swt-3.6.1-6.13.el6.i686
eclipse-changelog-2.7.0-1.el6.i686
eclipse-svnkit-1.3.0-3.el6.i686
eclipse-mylyn-java-3.4.2-9.el6.i686
icu4j-eclipse-4.2.1-5.el6.i686
eclipse-rcp-3.6.1-6.13.el6.i686
eclipse-emf-2.6.0-1.el6.i686
eclipse-mylyn-3.4.2-9.el6.i686
eclipse-callgraph-0.6.1-1.el6.i686
eclipse-linuxprofilingframework-0.6.1-1.el6.i686
eclipse-oprofile-0.6.1-1.el6.i686
eclipse-platform-3.6.1-6.13.el6.i686
eclipse-jdt-3.6.1-6.13.el6.i686
eclipse-rpm-editor-0.5.0-2.el6.i686