[CentOS] Bind - built in root hints?

Bry8 Star bry8star at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 00:22:43 UTC 2013

The named.cache / root hints just updated on jan 3 2013 after jun 8
2011.
I'm not 100% sure but i think many centos/rhel boxes are still using
that 2011 hint.
So before rhel/centos releases/updates their bind/hint file/bin, or
users who do not want to update hint/bind portion specifically via
yum, for such type of users, to use the latest hint file, i think
the existing hint file & its location would help to place the latest
hint file.

-- Bright Star.

Received from Robert Moskowitz, on 2013-02-19 1:26 PM: