[CentOS] OT: memory brands?

Andrew Reis andy at dbmsinc.com
Wed Feb 20 17:46:12 UTC 2013

> On 20/02/13 14:38, Patrick Lists wrote:
>
>> On 02/20/2013 02:57
PM, m.roth at 5-cent.uswrote:

>>> So, I'm rebuilding my system at
home. Any recommendations or warnings about brands of memory? Googling
around, I see brands I've never *heard* of....
>> I like Crucial.
Quality stuff, never had a memory stick failing and good service. Once I
had an unopened box with some Crucial memory (purchased almost a year
before) and asked if I could exchange it for a different set. They
responded quickly and allowed me to exchange the memory no questions
asked. Regards, Patrick

> Seconded - I was just going to post exactly
the same thing. I have
> used Crucial memory and SSD for as long as I
can remember and have never
> had a single failure
>
> I was also
going to mention that I've had great luck with OCZ and Kingston.
Kingston definitely has problems with their flash drives, but their
memory is rock solid.

> Thanks,
>
> ---
>
> ANDREW REIS | MCTS,