[CentOS] looking for sssd basics and simple config with existing ldap centos 6.3

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator

goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Thu Feb 21 08:20:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm planing to setup a new samba fileserver as a member to an existing
samba 3.x SMB.

The old server is still nss-pam-ldapd configured (historic left overs).

As I dont have any pressure to have the new server up and running within
the next few hours, I liked to set up sssd with our existing openldap.

After googling and reading some documentations from redhat/fedora I
think I do have a basic clue on how it should work.

But at the end I'm not getting it up and running the way I expected.

My question:

"rpm -ql sssd" shows a config in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf, but this file dose
not exist on my system. (May be some how a packagebug?)

Dose anybody has a working example file to share with me?

I tried to edit some examples from the web and put some config together,
but without working success.

	Thanks for any suggestion, hint etc. Regards Götz

--
Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator - Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH