[CentOS] Dell Precision M6700 with centos 5?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Fri Feb 22 18:26:55 UTC 2013

On 2/22/2013 12:32 AM, Eero Volotinen wrote:
> other solution might be installing centos 6 and virtualizing centos 5 on it.

thats what I likely would do, assuming this app really doesn't work on
C6 with a bit of tweaking (installing the -compat libraries etc).

that and start looking immediately for a replacement for the software
that hasn't been updated to run on newer OS's before its too late.

I guess I was a little premature about CentOS 5 being near EOL,  I
thought it was running out in another year, but it looks like they
expect to support it until 2017, but the last full update will be early
next year.   however, the kernel at its base is from 2007, as are all
its major subsystems.