[CentOS] HP download.linux.hp.com not available for rsync?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Feb 26 09:24:31 UTC 2013

On 2/26/2013 12:55 AM, Rafał Radecki wrote:
> TCP port 873 (rsync) is closed on download.linux.hp.com for ~24 hours.
> Does anyone know why? A quick look in google has not helped to find
> the answer.

I stopped using rsync for maintaining my own mirrors a few years ago due
to similar sorts of issues. instead, I use lftp, with this script...

/usr/local/bin/lftp -c 'open ftp://mirrors.kernel.org && lcd
/export/mirror && mirror --continue --verbose=1 -x ia64 -x s390 -x s390x
-x alpha -x SRPMS centos'

which maintains a copy of whatever is on the centos directory of
ftp://mirrors.kernel.org in /export/mirror/centos, but not the itanium,
s390, alpha, or SRPMS...