[CentOS] drbd and el6

John R Pierce

pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Feb 26 21:44:54 UTC 2013

hey, I have an application for drbd replication between a pair of EL6
servers, and I just realized that drbd is no longer built in.

googling found me this blog on doing it using ElRepo distributions...
http://www.broexperts.com/2012/06/how-to-install-drbd-on-centos-6-2/

is that still best practice?  or is there a better distribution?

or really...   my application is a BackupPC server replicating its
backup volume to a standby server (hey, no backup is really a backup,
unless there is a backup of the backup, right?).    is there a
better/alternate way of maintaining a mirror of a backupPC volume than
drbd...    the backup volume is initially 8TB and could well grow to 3
times that over time.   its stored on an XFS file system, under LVM, on
striped raid6 volumes.