[CentOS] drbd and el6

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Feb 27 03:22:34 UTC 2013

On 2013-02-26, John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:

> the use case is more like,  if the primary backup server fails, I'd like
> to have the secondary backup server running within a few hours of
> futzing with the existing backups available for recovery.

If you're doing something rsync-like, and if your buildings are close,
you could simply move the backup server to the primary server's
location, reconfigure the network interface, and drop it in as a
replacement for the dead fileserver.  That might be safer than risking
a previously-mentioned fumblefingers.

In that case, you might want a backup of the backup machine, so that if
you deploy the backup in this way, it doesn't become a single point of
failure.  This might be more of a hassle than you want to deal with.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us