[CentOS] Samba authentication against 389 DS

Todor Petkov

zakk at online.bg
Wed Feb 27 15:22:26 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am using Centos 6 with 389 DS. Everything is working, I can
authenticate my users against it etc.

Now I am trying to make Samba authenticate against the LDAP by
following http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:Samba

However, it seems that Samba does not read the 'password' value, but
'sambaNTPassword'. I wrote in 389-DS mailing list and they said, that
there is no way to make Samba read the 'password'. So I must end with
two password (Samba and "normal" one). I can not sync them, since crypt
algorithms are different and I can not just copy/paste the password to
sambaNTPassword.

Did someone else had this issue? I need some file sharing software (can
be even a web application), which can authenticate against LDAP, so all
the people have one password for authentication.

Regards,