[CentOS] OT - odd behavior of Cisco switch

Wed Feb 6 16:01:41 UTC 2013

Ww just had our switch replaced with a pair of 3750G's, old and new all
have 48 ports, so we now have some open ports.... Anyway, my manager was
looking at issues yesterday, and discovered that for a while, off and on,
from several systems on the new switches, he could see traffic between
*other* servers and systems elsewhere in the building... which, of course,
shouldn't be possible with a switch.

He tells me that some switches, if they were overwhelmed with traffic,
would give up and go into hub mode, but he's under the impression that was
written out of the firmware years ago, while these are new switches.

Anyone run into this?

     mark