[CentOS] what's wrong with dag.wieers?

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Tue Jul 2 21:18:03 UTC 2013

On 07/02/2013 04:02 PM, Adrian P. van Bloois wrote:
> Hi,
> What happened to dag.wieers? There is an update for clamav but the rpm is
> still not distibuted after 4 weeks or more. :-)
> What's wrong there?
>
> 	Adrian

I asked about clamav on the repoforge list, and apparently there are
some longstanding on-going issues with rpmforge, not sure exactly what
and that apparently for quite some time some people have been attempting
to resolve them.

Due to the length of time that these problems have existed there's also
a fair amount of skepticism that the issues will be resolved.

There are several suggestions on how to resolve the clamav issue, one of
them was to use the version from epel which is what I opted to do.
Depending on your point of view I found it to be a relatively easy
switch, just had to deal with a few ownership issues.

All in all it's a shame that there are issues as I've used rpmforge for
years and have been pleased with the repo.

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers