[CentOS] what's wrong with dag.wieers?

Pete Geenhuizen pete at geenhuizen.net
Wed Jul 3 13:10:30 UTC 2013

On 07/03/2013 08:34 AM, James B. Byrne wrote:
> On Tue, July 2, 2013 17:34, John Hinton wrote:
>
> Ditto here, and for the same reasons.
>
> This was our experience as well; changing userids between clam and
> clamav between updates caused us a lot of avoidable headaches.  We
> switched to epel for clamav because of that one issue.  Otherwise we
> have been very pleased with rpmforge.  It will prove a great loss if
> there is a serious possibility that this resource might fade away.

Fading away is a distinct possibility.
David  Hrbac, who is trying to maintain rpmforge had this to say on that
subject.

	"And of course, there's still a question about the Repoforge. Do we
	really want it? Isn't a time for Epel to replace Repoforge? I still want
	to keep Repoforge alive bud have no replies from Dag."

Pete

--
Unencumbered by the thought process.
  -- Click and Clack the Tappet brothers