[CentOS] Puppet el5 repo...

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 3 17:04:32 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

| I don't want to advise either way...  For me, this is all home use -
| so I
| typically just "let it rip."
|
| Again, nothing I have is mission critical ;)
|
| On Wed, 3 Jul 2013, John Doe wrote:
|
| > From: Scot P. Floess <sfloess at nc.rr.com>
| >
| >> Ditto for me - I am using the puppet lab's repo...
| >> What do your repo files look like?  I'm using both their
| >> dependencies repo
| >> as well as their product repo:
| >> http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/products/x86_64/
| >> http://yum.puppetlabs.com/el/yum.puppetlabs.com/el/5/dependencies/x86_64/
| >> The dependencies repo does have ruby 1.8.7...
| >
| > My problem was:
| >   --disableplugin=priority
| >   vs --disableplugin=priorities
| > Would have been nice to get an error message...
| >
| > Now the question is... do I want to replace some base packages with
| > puppetlabs ones...? :/
| >
| > JD
| >

| Scot P. Floess             RHCT  (Certificate Number 605010084735240)
| Chief Architect FlossWare  http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
|                             http://flossware.sourceforge.net
|                             https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Been running fine here for years without issue.  Mission critical servers and workstations ~2000 of them.

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw