[CentOS] postfix + amavisd-new

Timothy Murphy

gayleard at alice.it
Fri Jul 5 20:07:08 UTC 2013

I've been following the instrunctions in
<http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd>
for installing Amavisd, Clamav and SpamAssassin
on top of postfix/dovecot .

Dovecot is working fine,
but I want to deal with spam email.
(I am using sendmail/dovecot with procmail and spamassassin
on another server, but decided to go over to postfix
on this server when I saw it is now the CentOS default.)

However, I came to a problem at the end of the instructions,
when I appended
----------------------
# ==========================================================================
# service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
# ==========================================================================
amavisfeed unix    -       -       n        -      2     lmtp
    -o lmtp_data_done_timeout=1200
    -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
    -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
    -o max_use=20
----------------------
to /etc/postfix/main.cf .

After doing this, when I ran
#postfix reload
or "sudo service postfix restart"
I got the error message
----------------------
postfix: fatal: /etc/postfix/main.cf, line 699:
missing '=' after attribute name:
"amavisfeed unix    -       -       n        -      2     lmtp
  -o lmtp_data_done_timeout=1200    -o lmtp_send_xforward_command=yes
  -o disable_dns_lookups=yes    -o max_use=20"
[all one line]

Any elucidation or advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net