[CentOS] postfix as default MTA

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 17:30:24 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:54 PM, Devin Reade <gdr at gno.org> wrote:

>> Of course, what really matters is that you choose a solution that meets
>> your specific needs.  From what I've read over the past several years,
>> it really boils down to personal preference rather than any great
>> difference in functionality.
>
> Yeah, in my case of 20+ years in UNIX admin and development, I've become
> comfortable with administering sendmail-based systems, and postfix is
> the devil not known :)

I haven't stayed quite up to the minute on MTA's, but my impression
was that sendmail really, really needed the milter interface but once
it was added  and tools like MimeDefang were developed to handle
external processing within steps of the SMTP conversion (and under
different user ID's if you want) it became as good as anything.
Maybe RedHat just never found MimeDefang...

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com